Trader Construction Kit was designed to be the best first book for aspiring traders, particularly those interested in a career with a bank, hedge fund or other financial institution. Trader Construction Kit is a practical guide to developing the skills and techniques employed by professional traders.
Trader Construction Kit discusses:
- Fundamentally and technically analyzing a market.
- Assessing the volatility and risk characteristics of the market.
- Developing a view, an actionable perspective on the future of price.
- Evaluating directional, spread, option & quantitative trading strategies.
- Weighing the inherent risk and reward in potential positions.
- Efficiently executing trades and managing the resulting exposures.
- Pricing and hedging structured transactions.
Additional chapters describe how:
- The evolutionary state of a market shapes the activities of its inhabitants.
- The role of a trader varies at different types of financial institutions.
- A trader’s personality forms an integral part of their approach to the market.
- To survive and thrive on a trading floor.
Trader Construction Kit contains a highly detailed case study that applies the lessons learned in each chapter, providing structure and creating continuity through the text.
A summary of the material contained in each chapter can be found here.
Trader Construction Kit has been adopted for use at a range of academic institutions, including a top-rated college with an internationally competitive trading team and multiple universities with student-run funds active in the commodity and equity markets. It is currently used by hedge fund, bank, and merchant traders, as well as commercial hedgers.
See what academic and industry reviewers are saying here.
Follow @TCK_JRubano on Twitter to see the latest posts on trading-related topics.