Trader Construction Kit is rated 5 out of 5 Stars on Amazon, with reviewers saying:
“TCK should be required reading for anyone who works on, or wants to work on, a trade floor.”
“Easily the most thorough and accurate insight into trading that I've seen.”
“Excellent book for traders as well as instruction in class for students that are aspiring to be traders or hedgers.”
“It is the only comprehensive guide on trading available today and is very engaging yet filled with vital information.”
“If you want to trade, this is the book you need to read.”
Trader Construction Kit is designed to be the best first book for aspiring traders interested in a career with a bank, hedge fund or other financial institution.
Trader Construction Kit is a practical guide to developing the skills and techniques employed by professional traders written by a 20-year veteran of the markets. It is currently in use by hedge fund, bank, merchant, and commercial traders, and part of the curriculum at academic institutions with internationally competitive trading teams and universities with student-run funds active in the commodity & equity markets.
Trader Construction Kit discusses:
• Fundamentally and technically analyzing a market.
• Assessing the volatility and risk characteristics of the market.
• Developing a view, an actionable perspective on the future of price.
• Evaluating directional, spread, option & quantitative trading strategies.
• Weighing the inherent risk and reward in potential positions.
• Efficiently executing trades and managing the resulting exposures.
• Pricing and hedging structured transactions.
Additional chapters describe how:
• The evolutionary state of a market shapes the activities of its inhabitants.
• The role of a trader varies at different types of financial institutions.
• A trader’s personality forms an integral part of their approach to the market.
• To survive and thrive on a trading floor.
Trader Construction Kit contains a highly detailed case study that applies the lessons learned in each chapter, providing structure and creating continuity through the text.
A summary of the material contained in each chapter can be found here.
Click here to read the first chapter of Trader Construction Kit for free.