Joel Rubano is an energy commodity trader with twenty years of experience in the power, natural gas and oil markets. He has worked at merchant trading companies, deregulated utility subsidiaries, a hedge fund, and an international oil producer. He has been responsible for hedging the financial exposures of a multi-billion dollar asset portfolio and has speculatively traded oil, natural gas, coal and electricity on an institutional scale.
In 2018 Mr. Rubano founded Instradev, LLC, a financial education and development company designed to bridge the gap between the knowledge and skills present in recent graduates and non-commercial employees and the standard demanded by the revenue-producing members of the trading desk.
Mr. Rubano has presented multi-day training courses to industry participants and lectured undergraduate, masters, and MBA classes on a variety of trading and risk-management related topics, including:
- Presented to Babson College's undergraduate and graduate Financial Trading Strategies & Risk Management classes.
- Lectured on quantitative trading strategies at Carnegie Mellon University's Master of Science in Computational Finance Program.
- Discussed the basics of trading at Fordham University's Finance Society.
- Explored pricing complex structured transactions with Northeastern University's Alternative Investments class.
- Taught a class on implementing directional trading strategies at Saint Joseph’s University.
- Presented a multi-day seminar on the fundamentals of trading at Genscape, Inc., an industry-leading proprietary data and analytics firm.
Follow @TCK_JRubano on Twitter to see his latest posts on trading-related topics.